Great Wall trek for St Elizabeth's
EIGHT people from Suffolk are putting on their walking boots and trekking for charity.These early risers are part of a large group of fundraisers on their way to trek the Great Wall of China.
EIGHT people from Suffolk are putting on their walking boots and trekking for charity.
These early risers are part of a large group of fundraisers on their way to trek the Great Wall of China. The county contingent are raising money for the St. Elizabeth Hospice, Foxhall Road, Ipswich.
They were setting off at 6.30am today from Copdock.
It is hoped it should take the walkers around ten days to complete the trek.
So far they have already collected £14,000, not including their expenses, which will all go to the hospice.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour