Great Yarmouth: Pregnant woman and baby in hospital after gas leak at home

A FAMILY are today recovering in hospital after a gas leak at their Great Yarmouth home.

Paramedics were called to the home in South Market Road yesterday to reports of a woman suffering chest pains.

A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said a sleeping ten-month-old baby had also been exposed to escaping carbon monoxide.

She said the ambulance crew assessed and treated a pregnant woman and the child before taking them both to James Paget Hospital for further investigation.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter