Buses to replace trains on lines from Ipswich to Lowestoft and Felixstowe on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Rail replacement buses will run on part of the Greater Anglia east Suffolk lines on Sunday while improvement work is carried out on the tracks by Network Rail.
Greater Anglia is warning passengers travelling on the Ipswich to Felixstowe and Ipswich to Lowestoft lines that buses will be run on Sunday instead of trains between Ipswich and Felixstowe and Ipswich and Woodbridge.
The firm said lines will run as time tabled between Lowestoft and Woodbridge.
Normal services are set to run between Ipswich and Lowestoft throughout Saturday while normal services will run between Ipswich and Felixstowe until 6.50pm tonight, when trains will be replaced by buses.
James Reeve, Greater Anglia’s Area Customer Service Manager, said: “We would like to thank passengers for their patience while this work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
“This work is vital to maintain and improve the railway, and we have arranged a replacement bus service, where appropriate, so passengers will still be able to complete their journeys.
“We would ask passengers to check journey details before they travel, so they can plan accordingly.”
Details of all the alterations and service changes can be seen here and at Ipswich and Woodbridge railway stations.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 8 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial