Green awards to be launched in Suffolk
SUFFOLK's first awards for being green were due to be launched today.The Suffolk awards for Greenest Community, Business and Schools were due to be launched at a conference celebrating the county's green achievements.
SUFFOLK's first awards for being green were due to be launched today.
The Suffolk awards for Greenest Community, Business and Schools were due to be launched at a conference celebrating the county's green achievements.
Creating the Greenest County Business and Environment Conference, chaired by Mike More, chief executive of Suffolk County Council, will feature a number of expert speakers, including Chris Tuppen, BT director of sustainable development, and Chris Lewis, chairman of Hutchison Ports (The Port of Felixstowe).
Hosted by BT at Adastral Park, the programme aims to celebrate sustainable best practice in companies at all levels, from large multi national firms to small businesses operating in Suffolk.
The event, sponsored by BT, SLP Energy, MLM Construction Engineering, Blue Star Skips, the Environment Agency, and Ransomes Jacobsen, will include the launch of the new Suffolk awards for Greenest Community, Business and Schools.
This will be an opportunity to showcase excellent sustainable best practice across the county, and for the award winners to act as champions mentoring organisations within their sector in order to improve their environmental performance.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 4 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Driver fined £100 after accidentally entering wrong date on car park app
- 10 Court orders Ipswich drug dealer to repay £63,000
To see what you can do to help make Suffolk the 'Greenest County', visit www.greensuffolk.org .
How do you look after the environment? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.