Toy gun seized after imitation weapon pointed at members of the public in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A male has been detained by police after what was believed to be a gun was pointed at members of the public in the centre of Ipswich.
Police were called at 3.50pm by a member of the public who reported that they had spotted someone walking down Belstead Road with what they believed to be a gun in their hand which they pointed at their vehicle.
Further calls were made to officers at 4pm, reporting a similar incident in College Street and then 15 minutes later in Grimwade Street.
Police have since located and seized a toy revolver/cap gun and a male has been detained.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Further searches in the area of Grimwade Street & Alexandra Park are ongoing, assisted by armed officers and using a drone but officers do not believe there is any threat to members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference CAD 264.”
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high