Gripping thriller for Stowmarket
MURDER and mystery is coming to Stowmarket in a gripping thriller that takes to the stage next week.Wait Until Dark, which opens at the Regal Theatre on Thursday is a dark sinister tale about drugs, conmen and an innocent blind victim.
MURDER and mystery is coming to Stowmarket in a gripping thriller that takes to the stage next week.
Wait Until Dark, which opens at the Regal Theatre on Thursday is a dark sinister tale about drugs, conmen and an innocent blind victim.
The story, which will be performed by Stowmarket Operatic & Dramatic Society, was made famous by the Oscar nominated film starring Audrey Hepburn.
Chris Hutchinson, who stars as Mike in the production, explained: "The premise of it is that there are three men and a blind woman. The blind lady's husband is given a doll to take through customs – it is packed full of drugs that some con men want to get their hands on."
You may also want to watch:
"It's a thriller," he added. "There'll be murders on stage and it's quite tense and dark."
The cast have been preparing and rehearsing hard for the show and no one has had to concentrate more than Jenny Banks who plays the blind woman Suzy.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 5 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 6 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 7 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 8 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 9 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 10 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
Chris said: "She found acting blind very hard to start off with. On our first rehearsal day we were all blindfolded and walked round the room and went over an assault course to find out what it was like to be blind. Jenny also spent some time with a couple of blind people.
"She's doing really well now and doesn't look at you when she speaks to you."
The show is being directed by Michelle Emmerson Grey who has belonged to the company since she was 13. She has recently completed a performing arts degree and this her first production since then.
"She found it very hard work directing at first," Chris said, "but she's really enjoying it now and everyone is looking forward to it."
Wait Until Dark is at the Regal Theatre, in Stowmarket, from October 10 to 12. Shows are at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £7 for adults and £5 for senior citizens and children. They are available from the theatre box office or by calling 01449 612825.