Group of men break into Ipswich flats two days after teenager is shot
- Credit: Archant
A group of men broke into a block of flats in Ipswich two days after a teenager was shot at the same location, it has emerged.
Suffolk Constabulary has confirmed officers were called to Siloam Place, near Duke Street, to reports that men had caused a commotion and damaged property.
The men were said to have pressed buzzers for the flats in order to try to enter the premises and were also banging on the door.
However, the occupants in the block had been advised by police after the shooting early on Tuesday last week not to let anyone in they did not recognise.
The men then gained entry to the communal area by smashing one of the windows in the glass-panelled door.
It is now known if all the people involved went into the premises.
Ceiling tiles on the first floor are said to have been taken down as the perpetrators appeared to be searching for something.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 5 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 6 Felixstowe's Wicker family beheaded by vandals
- 7 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 8 Critically endangered calf born at Jimmy's Farm near Ipswich
- 9 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 10 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
However, a police spokeswoman said it appeared they left empty-handed before officers arrived.
No arrests have been made.
Four men detained after an 18-year-old was shot in the shoulder at the flats were released on police bail the day after the incident.
The 27-year-old from Barnet, 26-year-old from London, 22-year-old from London and 20-year-old from Ipswich - were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and possession of controlled drugs with intent to supply.
They must now return to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre on February 21.
The 18-year-old victim is believed to be from the London area and was said to have sustained a shoulder wound. He was treated in Ipswich Hospital.
A 28-year-old man from Ipswich was detained in Norwich on suspicion of attempted murder four days after the shooting.
He was questioned and released on bail until February 23, pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information on the incidents should telephone Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD 17 of November 22.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.