Group stole phone from teenager
A 13-YEAR-OLD boy was punched when a group tried to steal his mobile phone in Christchurch park.The attack, which is being treated by police as attempted robbery, was not reported to police until the teenager was approached by the same group again, months later.
A 13-YEAR-OLD boy was punched when a group tried to steal his mobile phone in Christchurch park.
The attack, which is being treated by police as attempted robbery, was not reported to police until the teenager was approached by the same group again, months later.
During the first incident three males approached the boy, punched him in the face and demanded his phone while he was in the park with a friend, at 3.30pm on Saturday, May 26.
The offender then threw the phone back to the boy and ran off when a member of the public walked past.
You may also want to watch:
At around 10.45am on Tuesday, July 31, the same victim was sitting outside Debenhams in Ipswich town centre with a friend when the same offender approached and demanded money.
He left empty handed when the teenager refused to hand any over.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
The first male is described as white but tanned, aged 15 to 16 years old and of large build, with short dark spiky hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a grey tracksuit and had a bike with him during the second incident.
The second male is described as white with pale skin, of slim build and with short blond hair.
A third male was present during the first attempted robbery but did not take part, and was not present during the second incident.
Anyone with any information should contact Sgt Amanda Griggs on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.