Gun held at teen in attempted robbery
A 13-YEAR-old boy was assaulted during an attempted armed robbery at the partly unused Stoke Park Drive shopping centre shortly before 10pm on Friday .
POLICE are hunting a trio who carried out an attempted armed robbery on a 13-year-old boy at Stoke Park Drive shopping centre.
The teenager was approached just before 10pm on Friday, by three older boys, one of whom wielded what appeared to be a handgun.
They tried to get him to hand over his mobile phone and then assaulted him.
Although nothing was stolen from the teenager he sustained a cut to his head and a cut to his mouth.
A second boy, a 16-year-old, had his mobile phone stolen after being threatened by the same group. He was not hurt.
The offenders are described as being of mixed race, aged in their mid to late teens and wearing dark clothing.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 9 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
- 10 Reduced speed limit likely to be enforced on Orwell Bridge as storm hits
It's known there were several other teenagers in the area at the time of both incidents and police are asking anyone who witnessed either incident, or anyone with information, to call Ipswich CID on 01473 383046.