Man who ‘became bored with adult porn’ downloaded 23,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: ARCHANT
A 43-year-old Ipswich man who downloaded more than 23,000 indecent images of children after becoming bored with adult porn has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Police officers went to Guy Ross's home on May 14 last year and seized a number of devices, including a laptop computer, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When it was analysed it was found to contain five indecent images of children in the most serious level A category, 42 images in category B and 23,733 indecent images and four movies in the lowest level C category.
Ross, of Holcombe Crescent, admitted making indecent images of children and was given an eight month prison sentence suspended for two years, 150hours unpaid work and and a 35 day rehabilitation activity order.
He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for ten years and ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for the same period.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing him, Judge Martyn Levett said Ross had started viewing child porn after becoming bored with adult porn.
The court heard that Ross, who has no previous convictions, had taken part in a Stop it Now! programme for prevention of child sexual abuse.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions