Hadleigh couple Jerry and Maureen Corder mark 60 years of marriage
A couple who both hail from the same Suffolk town but met by chance on a coach trip in the West Country are celebrating their diamond anniversary.
Jerry and Maureen Corder were married at St Mary’s Church in Hadleigh on September 14, 1957.
The pair moved into their home in Benton Street, Hadleigh, shortly after their wedding and have lived there ever since.
Maureen said: “We are very happy and we are lucky really because we are both in good health and that makes all the difference.”
When they met during a coach holiday in 1954, Jerry, 86, and Maureen, 85, both lived in Hadleigh but had not been formally acquainted.
You may also want to watch:
Maureen is a former assistant at a secondary school in Hadleigh and Jerry made his career in local government, with stints at both Ipswich Borough Council and Suffolk County Council.
They have three daughters, one son and six grandchildren.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
The couple plan to celebrate the milestone with their family.