Hadleigh's street fair is a hit
A SUFFOLK high street and market square was buzzing for an annual street fair.Historical Hadleigh was the theme for this year's fair in the town, with stalls and entertainment lining the streets yesterday.
A SUFFOLK high street and market square was buzzing for an annual street fair.
Historical Hadleigh was the theme for this year's fair in the town, with stalls and entertainment lining the streets yesterday.
Popular attractions were the parading of old motorbikes and tractors, a Punch and Judy show, majorettes and a band performing on the main stage.
Brian Loftus, deputy chairman of the Hadleigh Entertainments Committee, said they had moved the annual event back from its regular July slot to coincide with national heritage weekend.
He said: “The crowds have been great. It was absolutely packed early on and it's just a day of entertainment for the town really and a chance for organisations and charities to raise money.”
For more pictures log on to www.eveningstar.co.uk
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk