Streets of gold in Ipswich? Here’s our Picture of the Week winner
- Credit: Archant
The streets of Ipswich are paved with gold, according to the winner of this week’s Ipswich Picture of the Week competition.
Instagram snapper Jen Maltby (@High_On_Haiku) took the early morning picture on Elm Street, near to the St Mary at the Elms church after noticing a gold tint to the usual grey tarmac road.
She said: “I think everyone else had their heads down and hadn’t noticed the streets paved with gold!”
A fan of haikus, a style of Japanese poetry using 17 syllables, she captioned the picture: “When April showers, wash away streets paved with gold, keep calm, carry on.”
Entries are now open for next week’s instalment of our weekly Instagram competition, where we share the lucky winner’s picture on our Instagram, website and here in the newspaper.
You may also want to watch:
To enter, post your picture on Instagram with the #IpswichPOTW before next Thursday’s deadline, April 11.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools