Hair and Beauty Competition 2016 at Suffolk New College
- Credit: Archant
The creative talents of Suffolk New College’s future stylists and make-up artists were showcased during the annual hair and beauty competition.
An audience of around 250 friends, family members and prospective students filled the Ipswich-based college’s atrium as hairdressing and beauty therapy learners hit the catwalk.
Employers were also invited and talent spot for potential recruits to their salons.
Tracey Marshall, programme leader of the hairdressing and beauty therapy courses, said: “The standard of work this year was exceptionally high and the staff and students were really proud of the work that was showcased.
“The students practised for two months to prepare for this event, looking into to the history of hair and make-up and exploring new and exciting techniques.
You may also want to watch:
“It was fantastic to see all of this hard work coming together in the event at Suffolk New College.”
The judging panel was made up of Sean Bloomfield and Abi Driver from Carley Hill in Framingham, Sue Adams from Image Salon in Ipswich, and Emma Spraggons from D’Enza Beauty Salon at Kersey Mill.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 9 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
Mr Bloomfield said: “We are really impressed by the standard of the work and the event exceeded expectations. I have really enjoyed being a judge and would like to do it again.”
The event was sponsored with prizes from Center Parcs, Barkers Hair and Beauty Supplies, and Capital Hair and Beauty Supplies.
Money raised during the completion by selling cupcakes and tea and coffee will be used to sponsor Laura Schwarbe, a current Level three hairdressing student, who is trekking to Borneo in aid of Breast Cancer care.
Introduction to the Hair and Beauty sector
Winner: Leanne Owens
Women’s & Men’s Hairdressing
Winner: Candice Sobers
Diploma in Hairdressing
Winner: Waranya Sangruamjai
Level 2 Beauty Therapy
Winner: Matilda Button
Level 3 Beauty Therapy
Laura Hanks, Nicole Welch, Laura Mather, Carla Sturges