Hairdressers turn back the clock
BEEHIVES, bouffants and brush-backs were all the rage when this group of hairdressers started work in the 1960s.They all trained together at Suffolk College from 1962-1965 and met up last night, > 40 years later, for a reunion.
BEEHIVES, bouffants and brush-backs were all the rage when this group of hairdressers started work in the 1960s.
They all trained together at Suffolk College from 1962-1965 and met up last night, > 40 years later, for a reunion.
The hairdressers reminisced about the past and talked about how their lives had changed over dinner at the Suffolk College restaurant.
The event was organised by Judy Studd (nee Barker) and Penny Potter (nee Abbott).
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Studd said: "Penny and I have always kept in contact and we thought it would be nice to see everybody again. Most people are from around here but one has travelled from Southampton for the night."
Mrs Potter added: "It's great to see everybody again and really amazing to find out the strange things that people remember from all those years ago."
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 9 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 10 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
The pair are hoping to have another reunion later in the year and are keen to contact anyone who wasn't at last night's dinner.
If you were a trainee hairdresser at Suffolk College from 1962 to 1965 contact Judy Studd on 01473 831816 or Penny Potter on 01255 670857.