Hairdressers turn back the clock
BEEHIVES, bouffants and brush-backs were all the rage when this group of hairdressers started work in the 1960s.They all trained together at Suffolk College from 1962-1965 and met up last night, > 40 years later, for a reunion.
BEEHIVES, bouffants and brush-backs were all the rage when this group of hairdressers started work in the 1960s.
They all trained together at Suffolk College from 1962-1965 and met up last night, > 40 years later, for a reunion.
The hairdressers reminisced about the past and talked about how their lives had changed over dinner at the Suffolk College restaurant.
The event was organised by Judy Studd (nee Barker) and Penny Potter (nee Abbott).
Mrs Studd said: "Penny and I have always kept in contact and we thought it would be nice to see everybody again. Most people are from around here but one has travelled from Southampton for the night."
Mrs Potter added: "It's great to see everybody again and really amazing to find out the strange things that people remember from all those years ago."
- 1 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 2 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 3 Lorry recovered after overturning on A14 roundabout at Felixstowe
- 4 Hopes Summertime Ipswich firework display will go ahead
- 5 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 6 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
- 7 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 8 Pride as Ipswich A Level students celebrate results
- 9 'The food at this new Ipswich restaurant tastes amazing'
- 10 Taco Bell plans set to be approved
The pair are hoping to have another reunion later in the year and are keen to contact anyone who wasn't at last night's dinner.
If you were a trainee hairdresser at Suffolk College from 1962 to 1965 contact Judy Studd on 01473 831816 or Penny Potter on 01255 670857.