Haiti: Is this the best picture in the world?
OUT of the utter horror of Haiti, comes a picture of incredible joy - arguably one of the best pictures of all time.Meet Kiki, Boy Wonder, alive and well after eight days under the rubble of earthquake-blitzed Port au Prince.
OUT of the utter horror of Haiti, comes a picture of incredible joy - arguably one of the best pictures of all time.
Meet Kiki, Boy Wonder, alive and well after eight days under the rubble of earthquake-blitzed Port au Prince.
Can you see the joy in the eight-year-old's eyes … he never gave up hope that he would be freed.
The rescue - and a picture that will bring tears to the eyes - defied the myth that people only survive being trapped for a couple of days or so.
Kiki was saved after an incredible operation, in the Nazan district of the Haitan capital, mounted by US earthquake experts.
The heroes and heroines were members of urban rescue squads from New York and Virginia, some of whom had been involved in the 9/11 horrors of New York in 2001.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 6 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 7 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
Tell me of your best-ever pictures from world events and I will collate a special feature.