Hall the better
A MUCH-USED community hall at the heart of Martlesham is back in action again after being transformed by an £80,000 makeover.The Martlesham Heath pavilion has been closed since February to undergo major renovation work but reopened on Sunday with a grand ribbon-cutting ceremony.
A MUCH-USED community hall at the heart of Martlesham is back in action again after being transformed by an £80,000 makeover.
The Martlesham Heath pavilion has been closed since February to undergo major renovation work but reopened on Sunday with a grand ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Many of the pavilion's users gathered on the village green in the sunshine to watch project managers Paul Firman and John McQuin cut the giant ribbon.
Mr Firman said: "We are absolutely delighted with it.
You may also want to watch:
"It's taken a lot of hard work to get here but we are very proud of what we've achieved.
"The hall has been completely transformed."
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
The new-look hall features a number of state-of-the-art facilities, including an environmentally friendly lighting system which maintains the same level of light in the hall at all times.
Other new features include an induction loop hearing system and improved heating.
The hall has also been re-painted in bright, fresh colours.
The work was made possible through more than £80,000 of grants from the Community Fund, Suffolk coastal district council and Martlesham Parish council.
N What do you think of the improvements to the community hall? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk