Hall the better
A MUCH-USED community hall at the heart of Martlesham is back in action again after being transformed by an £80,000 makeover.The Martlesham Heath pavilion has been closed since February to undergo major renovation work but reopened on Sunday with a grand ribbon-cutting ceremony.
A MUCH-USED community hall at the heart of Martlesham is back in action again after being transformed by an £80,000 makeover.
The Martlesham Heath pavilion has been closed since February to undergo major renovation work but reopened on Sunday with a grand ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Many of the pavilion's users gathered on the village green in the sunshine to watch project managers Paul Firman and John McQuin cut the giant ribbon.
Mr Firman said: "We are absolutely delighted with it.
You may also want to watch:
"It's taken a lot of hard work to get here but we are very proud of what we've achieved.
"The hall has been completely transformed."
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 5 New special school planned for former BT site
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
The new-look hall features a number of state-of-the-art facilities, including an environmentally friendly lighting system which maintains the same level of light in the hall at all times.
Other new features include an induction loop hearing system and improved heating.
The hall has also been re-painted in bright, fresh colours.
The work was made possible through more than £80,000 of grants from the Community Fund, Suffolk coastal district council and Martlesham Parish council.
N What do you think of the improvements to the community hall? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or email email@example.com or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk