Hammer raider strikes at garage
ARMED with a hammer, a raider struck at a garage in Bury St Edmunds.The man in his 20s entered the Total garage on Newmarket Road, at 7am on Saturday, with a blue scarf covering his face and wearing a baseball cap.
ARMED with a hammer, a raider struck at a garage in Bury St Edmunds.
The man in his 20s entered the Total garage on Newmarket Road, at 7am on Saturday, with a blue scarf covering his face and wearing a baseball cap.
He pulled a hammer from his back pocket and raised it above his head, demanding cash from the till and tried to jump over the counter.
He was unsuccessful and walked off, driving away in a white van.
You may also want to watch:
A white Peugeot van, possibly one stolen from the town on October 23, was later found burnt out at Fornham All Saints.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 6 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 7 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 10 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head