Hardy fans celebrate Daniel's big day
WEDDING bells were set to be rung for Ireland's favourite bachelor Daniel O'Donnell - and his fans in Suffolk are behind him all the way.Braving the ravages of a late British autumn some of his most dedicated fans had been queuing since Thursday morning to get the best seats as tickets went on sale on Saturday.
By Victoria Knowles
WEDDING bells were set to be rung for Ireland's favourite bachelor Daniel O'Donnell - and his fans in Suffolk are behind him all the way.
Braving the ravages of a late British autumn some of his most dedicated fans had been queuing since Thursday morning to get the best seats as tickets went on sale on Saturday.
Undismayed by the news of his up-coming nuptials. his fans – mostly female sent messages of good luck to the Irish crooner renowned for his close relationship with his faithful followers.
You may also want to watch:
"We just wish him all the luck in the world and hope they will be very happy together. He deserves it after all the good he has done for charity over the years," said Anita Sealey, from Shotley.
Margaret Docherty, also from Shotley, and Coleen Taylor, from Holbrook, echoed these sentiments, adamant there is not a hint of jealousy that their idol has eventually found wedded bliss with another woman.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 7 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
"What else can we say apart from good luck. He has done so much for the children in Romania and other good causes. There is no jealousy and I am sure she will improve his performances," added Mrs Docherty.
Daniel is due to be marrying 41-year-old divorcee Majella McClelland, a mother of two, in his home village of Kinclasslagh on Ireland's west coast today.
Val Sheldrick, from Ipswich, said: "I think most of his fans believe he deserves this happiness and we are thrilled for him."
In true O'Donnell style some Ipswich fans have already met the woman about to become Mrs O'Donnell.
Ipswich woman Liz Collins said that she seemed like a lovely woman and is sure she will add a sparkle to his performance.
"We were introduced to her at his 40th birthday party at the Hilton Hotel in Birmingham. She seemed really lovely and I am sure they will be very happy. He was oozing happiness and seemed to sparkle," she said.