Hardy fans celebrate Daniel's big day
WEDDING bells were set to be rung for Ireland's favourite bachelor Daniel O'Donnell - and his fans in Suffolk are behind him all the way.Braving the ravages of a late British autumn some of his most dedicated fans had been queuing since Thursday morning to get the best seats as tickets went on sale on Saturday.
By Victoria Knowles
WEDDING bells were set to be rung for Ireland's favourite bachelor Daniel O'Donnell - and his fans in Suffolk are behind him all the way.
Braving the ravages of a late British autumn some of his most dedicated fans had been queuing since Thursday morning to get the best seats as tickets went on sale on Saturday.
Undismayed by the news of his up-coming nuptials. his fans – mostly female sent messages of good luck to the Irish crooner renowned for his close relationship with his faithful followers.
You may also want to watch:
"We just wish him all the luck in the world and hope they will be very happy together. He deserves it after all the good he has done for charity over the years," said Anita Sealey, from Shotley.
Margaret Docherty, also from Shotley, and Coleen Taylor, from Holbrook, echoed these sentiments, adamant there is not a hint of jealousy that their idol has eventually found wedded bliss with another woman.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 4 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 5 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 10 Rick Wakeman joins Ipswich Hospital Band as Patron
"What else can we say apart from good luck. He has done so much for the children in Romania and other good causes. There is no jealousy and I am sure she will improve his performances," added Mrs Docherty.
Daniel is due to be marrying 41-year-old divorcee Majella McClelland, a mother of two, in his home village of Kinclasslagh on Ireland's west coast today.
Val Sheldrick, from Ipswich, said: "I think most of his fans believe he deserves this happiness and we are thrilled for him."
In true O'Donnell style some Ipswich fans have already met the woman about to become Mrs O'Donnell.
Ipswich woman Liz Collins said that she seemed like a lovely woman and is sure she will add a sparkle to his performance.
"We were introduced to her at his 40th birthday party at the Hilton Hotel in Birmingham. She seemed really lovely and I am sure they will be very happy. He was oozing happiness and seemed to sparkle," she said.