Has your neighbour got them?
A MASSIVE police search is sweeping Suffolk today in the hunt for missing 10-year-old's Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.As the nation prays for their safe return parents in Newmarket, where the investigation is now centred after a possible sighting by taxi driver Ian Webster, are beginning to wonder if whoever has the girls could even be a neighbour.
A MASSIVE police search is sweeping Suffolk today in the hunt for missing 10-year-old's Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.
As the nation prays for their safe return parents in Newmarket, where the investigation is now centred after a possible sighting by taxi driver Ian Webster, are beginning to wonder if whoever has the girls could even be a neighbour.
Today Cambridgeshire Police, which is in charge of the inquiry, defended itself against criticism that it had been too slow in publicising Mr Webster's account of the man he saw driving while struggling two children in a car.
In an interview today the taxi driver said the man, who was less than 10 miles from where Holly and Jessica were last seen near their home in Soham, was driving "like a man demented."
You may also want to watch:
Despite Mr Webster contacting police on August 7 he claimed it took three days before officers came to see him and two more days before what he had witnessed was made public.
At least 10 detectives from Suffolk are now working with their Cambridgeshire colleagues as they scour area for the girls.
- 1 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 2 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 9 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 10 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
Although desperately hoping Mr Webster's account may be the breakthrough detectives need they are determined to keep an open mind as they strive to return Holly and Jessica safely to their distraught parents.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story…