Body found in search for missing Ipswich man Derrick Chapman
- Credit: Archant
Police searching for a 57-year-old man reported missing from Ipswich have found a body.
Derrick Chapman was reported missing from his home address at around 1pm yesterday (Friday, June 30) after he was last seen by his wife at home. Suffolk Constabulary issued a media appeal at around 5.40pm yesterday, urging people who had seen him or knew of his location to get in touch.
He is thought to have taken his car, a silver Ford Focus with the registration: BP04 USV
This morning, officers from Suffolk police were joined by the National Police Air Service helicopter and Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue teams as part of their search.
A police spokesman said a body was found in woodlands near Bobbits Lane at around 11.20am this morning.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman added: “The body is believed to be Derrick Chapman, but formal identification is yet to take place.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.”
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood