Have your say on health
HEALTH is the issue we want your views on today - and it's an issue that all the major parties are focussing heavily on during the campaign.All the parties are offering to spend more on “front-line” health services - but they are showing considerable differences in emphasis.
HEALTH is the issue we want your views on today - and it's an issue that all the major parties are focussing heavily on during the campaign.
All the parties are offering to spend more on “front-line” health services - but they are showing considerable differences in emphasis.
Labour says health must remain free at the point of delivery, and is prepared to invest to bring down waiting lists.
The Conservatives are offering to pay part of the cost of private treatment to help take people off the waiting lists.
They are also putting a great deal of emphasis on the need for clean hospitals to win the battle against the superbug MRSA.
Take part in our webpoll by visiting the Evening Star website at www.eveningstar.co.uk from 4pm today.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 5 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 6 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
We asked whether the Labour Party is the best to run the British economy. Among those who voted, 38 per cent said Labour was the best party to run the economy while 62 pc said it would be in a better shape if another party ran it.