Have your say on health
HEALTH is the issue we want your views on today - and it's an issue that all the major parties are focussing heavily on during the campaign.All the parties are offering to spend more on “front-line” health services - but they are showing considerable differences in emphasis.
HEALTH is the issue we want your views on today - and it's an issue that all the major parties are focussing heavily on during the campaign.
All the parties are offering to spend more on “front-line” health services - but they are showing considerable differences in emphasis.
Labour says health must remain free at the point of delivery, and is prepared to invest to bring down waiting lists.
The Conservatives are offering to pay part of the cost of private treatment to help take people off the waiting lists.
You may also want to watch:
They are also putting a great deal of emphasis on the need for clean hospitals to win the battle against the superbug MRSA.
Take part in our webpoll by visiting the Evening Star website at www.eveningstar.co.uk from 4pm today.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
We asked whether the Labour Party is the best to run the British economy. Among those who voted, 38 per cent said Labour was the best party to run the economy while 62 pc said it would be in a better shape if another party ran it.