Haven Power staff lend 10-month support to Ipswich Brickmakers’ Wood Project
- Credit: Archant
A project to transform a neglected area of woodland into a haven for people living with cancer and additional needs is to get a volunteer boost thanks to an Ipswich-based company.
For the next 10 months, Haven Power, based on Ransomes Europark, will be providing a group of employees to volunteer for the Brickmakers’ Wood Project.
Brickmaker’s Wood is a project run by the Eden-Rose Coppice Trust, which restores neglected town centre woodlands into into tranquil green spaces for free and private use by people with cancer or children with physical or learning disabilities.
It started its first woodland at The Granary in Quay Lane, Sudbury.
A team of Haven Power employees will donate a whole working day once a month, spread across 10 consecutive months, with plans already afoot to extend the volunteering period due to the number of staff members wanting to get involved.
The first group of employees visited the site last Thursday, with different members of staff to attend each session.
Jonathan Kini, chief executive at Haven Power, said: “We are extremely proud to be involved in this project and support the Eden-Rose Coppice Trust.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
“The staff here have shown tremendous enthusiasm and we’re all looking forward to restoring the woodland into a peaceful, green space and give back to the local community.”
Brickmakers’ Wood is located near Back Hamlet in Ipswich, between Suffolk New College and Alexandra Park.
For more information on the Eden-Rose Coppice Trust or to lend your support, visit www.withnature.org or call 01787 225524.