Road closures in place after three-vehicle crash in Ipswich
- Credit: Kris Terlecki
Emergency services are currently at the scene of a serious three-vehicle crash in Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called at around 10.30am this morning (July 9) to reports of a collision at the roundabout leading to Hawthorn Drive, Sprites Lane and Belmont Road.
Fire crews from Ipswich East, Princes Street and Holbrook and an air ambulance were also called to the scene.
A SARS (Suffolk Accident Rescue Service) critical care paramedic was there too.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the area due to temporary road closures in place and to allow emergency services to deal with the incident.
Suffolk fire service said the incident may take "several hours" to clear.
Meanwhile, Ipswich Buses said services in the area have been affected.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
More to follow.