Heads shaved for the children
VIDEO Having a dramatic change of hairstyle is always a little bit daunting-especially when you do it in front of hundreds of your work colleagues.This is exactly what James Balaam and Ricky Dzierozynski did for Children in Need when they both had their heads shaved in front of stunned colleagues at Willis, the insurance brokers in Friars Street, Ipswich.
HAVING a dramatic change of hairstyle is always a little bit daunting-especially when you do it in front of hundreds of your work colleagues.
This is exactly what James Balaam and Ricky Dzierozynski did for Children in Need when they both had their heads shaved in front of stunned colleagues at Willis, the insurance brokers in Friars Street, Ipswich.
The pair managed to raise more than £1,200 for the children's charity on Friday when they invited D-Salon hairdressers, in Princes Street, to come and shave off their beloved mops of hair.
Their boss, Dawn Gerrard, said: “Ricky had a bit of a joke in the office one day, saying that he wanted to shave his head for the kids, meaning Children in Need, so the following day when he was in the London office working, we printed off the sponsorship form from the Children in Need website and within half an hour we had over £200 signatures.
You may also want to watch:
“The following day, Ricky returned to the Ipswich office to find his completed sponsorship form on his desk and decided there was no turning back!
“James saw how worried Ricky was about it so in true team spirit he joined up as well.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
Adam Merritt, a colleague of James and Ricky, said: “Considering Ricky is so protective over his hair, it's a minor miracle that he's actually got it cut, but it does look better now-it looks good.”
What are you doing to raise money for Children in Need?
Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.