Headway Suffolk’s annual conference guest speaker announced as Professor Robert Winston
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk charity has announced its guest speaker at an annual conference that in previous years has attracted the likes of Professer Stephen Hawking and his former wife and author, Jane.
Professor Robert Winston will speak at Headway Suffolk’s fourth Neuro Conference being held in Kesgrave in October.
Professor Winston is internationally-renowned as a scientist, doctor, politician and writer, and has an extensive media career in television and radio. He is also a prominent Labour peer in the House of Lords.
His book, The Human Mind, explains how the human brain works.
His most recent high-profile TV appearance was in September 2017 on The Late Late Show with James Corden, where he spoke about his most recent book, My Amazing Body Machine: A Colourful Visual Guide To How Your Body Works, and produced various scientific experiments.
You may also want to watch:
Professor Winston will present to delegates at the conference on how the human brain works from his wealth of knowledge and expertise.
Headway Suffolk has attracted huge interest in its first three conferences, with author Jane Hawking talking about her life as a family carer in 2017, famed scientist Stephen Hawking making a rare public appearance to discuss his life with motor neurone disease in 2016, and local brain injury survivor Andrew Renton taking his first public steps in 21 years in 2015.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 7 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
This year’s event promises to be another highlight in Suffolk’s calendar with Professor Winston set to be joined by other eminent keynote speakers (to be announced in due course) to address guests on a broad range of subjects related to brain injury and neurological conditions.
Helen Fairweather, the charity’s chief executive, said: “Headway Suffolk is gaining a reputation for having renowned speakers at its annual neuro conference, and this year is no exception.
“We are very excited about Professor Winston speaking at our conference.
“Neurology is one of his passions and areas of expertise.
“We are all looking forward to hearing what he has to say.”
The event is being held at Kesgrave Conference Centre on Wednesday, October 10. For tickets, which cost £40 plus a booking fee, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for Headway Suffolk Neuro conference 2018.