Health boss appointed
A NEW chairman has been appointed to take over the reins at the Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority.Keith Pearson, 57, of Peterborough, will replace existing chairman Stewart Francis, who announced in November that he was stepping down.
A NEW chairman has been appointed to take over the reins at the Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire Strategic Health Authority.
Keith Pearson, 57, of Peterborough, will replace existing chairman Stewart Francis, who announced in November that he was stepping down.
Mr Pearson is currently non-executive director of Peterborough & Stamford NHS Foundation Trust and has more than 20 years experience in the healthcare sector, both in the UK and oversees.
He will take up his position with the SHA on April 1. In the meantime, he will work closely with Mr Francis to ensure a smooth handover takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pearson was chairman of the South Somerset NHS Primary Care Group (PCG) from 1999 until 2002.
He was then appointed Chairman of South Somerset NHS Primary Care Trust in April 2002 where he remained until May 2004.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 4 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 5 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 6 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
The PCT has been a three star trust for the two years he has been chairman.
Mr Pearson said: "The people of NSC have some of the best healthcare services in the UK. However, there is real challenge to the NHS across NSC to maintain that position through change and reform, ensuring better health and better services are delivered for people across the three counties, within the resources allocated by the government.
"The SHA will provide the leadership and support that the local NHS requires".
Mr Francis, current chairman of the Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridgeshire SHA, said: "I very much welcome the appointment of Keith Pearson as the new chairman of the SHA. He is a highly skilled and experienced NHS Chairman and is extremely well qualified to lead and develop the NHS in Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridgeshire and build on the significant progress made over the last three years".
Mr Pearson will be paid £21,882 per year.