Health information now more accessible
HEALTH information in east Suffolk is about to become more accessible to the public with the launch of two new websites.Ipswich Hospital and Suffolk East Primary Care Trusts have each developed new websites to provide up-to-date information on services available to patients, carers and visitors.
HEALTH information in east Suffolk is about to become more accessible to the public with the launch of two new websites.
Ipswich Hospital and Suffolk East Primary Care Trusts have each developed new websites to provide up-to-date information on services available to patients, carers and visitors.
The hospital has undertaken an intensive six-month project to develop its information resource while the Suffolk East Primary Care Trusts website combines and updates information held on the three individual Primary Care Trust websites in east Suffolk.
As well as information on board meetings, news, and various publications, the PCTs hope the public will also find it easy to find information about services provided in the community.
You may also want to watch:
The hospital's new website, which has been developed totally within the hospital through the trust's medical illustration department, aims to give people all the information they need about hospital services and who to contact for more information.
Paul Bayliss, project manager for the new website, said: “Many colleagues throughout the hospital have contributed to the new website, especially our web champions, patient representatives and a steering group.
- 1 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
“It is a very exciting project and we hope that people who use the new site will give us feedback on what else they would like to see.
“We were very lucky to have the involvement of Jenny Shaw, Tricia Higgins and Joe McCabe, patient representatives who helped us immensely in making sure the website is easy to use and simple to navigate.”
The Suffolk East PCT website can be visited at www.suffolkeast.nhs.uk while the Ipswich Hospital website address is www.ipswichhospital.nhs.uk.