Health scare saw fundraiser postponed
A CIVIC reception has been postponed after the chairman of Mid Suffolk District Council suffered a health scare.But Ray Melvin, the Independent chairman of the council says he is determined to hold the function which raises money for charity at a later date - possibly next spring.
A CIVIC reception has been postponed after the chairman of Mid Suffolk District Council suffered a health scare.
But Ray Melvin, the Independent chairman of the council says he is determined to hold the function which raises money for charity at a later date - possibly next spring.
The event includes a meal and entertainment in Woolpit and raises funds for his chosen charities - the Icanho centre in Stowmarket which helps those recovering from brain injury, and Stowmarket Newstalk, which produces tapes for the blind.
Mr Melvin, a long-serving district councillor who is part of the ruling administration at the authority, recently suffered a detached retina and had an operation which affected his sight and has left him with difficulties driving.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the district council said Mr Melvin, he has been unwell for about five weeks and the civic reception, due to take place last Friday , has been postponed to a date yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal