Healthy walk to beat festive indulgence
FELIXSTOWE prom was the place to walk off the turkey, pud and chocolates during a special stroll for health.
FELIXSTOWE prom was the place to walk off the turkey, pud and chocolates during a special stroll for health. Members of the town's health walking group took part in a two-mile after-Christmas ramble to end the year and get rid of some of the excesses of the festive season.
The group walked from The Alex restaurant in Undercliff Road West along the prom, with some getting together afterwards to enjoy drinks and a chat.
Health walks are not just for people who have been ill and want to improve their exercise levels - they are for anyone who wants to take up walking.
You may also want to watch:
People are encouraged to walk at their own pace and each walk is led by a trained walk leader.
The walks usually last less than an hour and all people need are comfortable shoes. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
The next Felixstowe walk is on Tuesday, a two-mile stroll from outside the leisure centre at 2.30pm.
On Wednesday, January 14, there will be a 2.5-mile hike into the open countryside on the edge of Felixstowe via Quintons Lane, meeting at Brackenbury Sports Centre at 10.30am.
For more information about the walks call the Suffolk Coastal walks team on 01394 444697.