Healthy walk to beat festive indulgence
FELIXSTOWE prom was the place to walk off the turkey, pud and chocolates during a special stroll for health.
FELIXSTOWE prom was the place to walk off the turkey, pud and chocolates during a special stroll for health. Members of the town's health walking group took part in a two-mile after-Christmas ramble to end the year and get rid of some of the excesses of the festive season.
The group walked from The Alex restaurant in Undercliff Road West along the prom, with some getting together afterwards to enjoy drinks and a chat.
Health walks are not just for people who have been ill and want to improve their exercise levels - they are for anyone who wants to take up walking.
People are encouraged to walk at their own pace and each walk is led by a trained walk leader.
The walks usually last less than an hour and all people need are comfortable shoes. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 4 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 List of 18 rejected proposals to save Felixstowe beach huts revealed
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
The next Felixstowe walk is on Tuesday, a two-mile stroll from outside the leisure centre at 2.30pm.
On Wednesday, January 14, there will be a 2.5-mile hike into the open countryside on the edge of Felixstowe via Quintons Lane, meeting at Brackenbury Sports Centre at 10.30am.
For more information about the walks call the Suffolk Coastal walks team on 01394 444697.