Ipswich Hospital worker running marathon for baby loss group
- Credit: Carla Ramsey
A maternity care assistant will be running the London Marathon for Ipswich Hospital Baby Bereavement Group.
Carla Ramsey sees firsthand at Ipswich Hospital how the charity helps parents, who have suffered the loss of a baby at any stage of their pregnancy.
The mum-of-two, who miscarried twice since 2018, was also supported while pregnant with her son in 2019.
"I didn't enjoy my pregnancy one bit, but I attended [IIpswich Hospital Baby Bereavement Group] and everyone there was in the same situation.
"They also do checks on you when you need it."
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old will train by running with her son, Archer, in his buggy., who she gives "lots of snacks" to distract him.
The money Ms Ramsey will raise is set to help fund a quiet room at the maternity unit, so families can have a private delivery with extra home comforts.
Memory boxes are also funded and she will run with a t-shirt with the names of patrons' lost babies on her back.
Donate by going here.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 10 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only