Inspirational Ipswich nurse duo go one step further for cancer services by running marathon
- Credit: Supplied by Linda Montgomery
Nurses in Ipswich are getting ready to run a marathon to give back to Macmillan Cancer Support that helps their patients.
Duo Pauline McKeown and Linda Montgomery are running and cycling whenever they can to do the London Marathon in October.
The pair, who want to get £5,240 for Macmillan, can see on a daily basis how important Woolverstone Macmillan Centre is to their chemotherapy patients and their families at Ipswich Hospital.
Mrs Montgomery, a senior nurse at Ipswich Hospital, who has been on the Woolverstone unit for five years, explains Macmillan helps young people through cancer treatments and supports patients that cannot have family attend treatments during Covid restrictions
The 43-year-old is not daunted by running a full marathon since taking the plunge last year with unit manager Pauline McKeown by running the half London Marathon.
You may also want to watch:
To further raise the money they will hold a fundraising event on August 21 at the White Horse in Kirton.
At the pub, they will have face paintings, a little music and a raffle. It will be £5 for entry with a free burger and drink.
To donate go to uk.virginmoneygiving.com/teamwoolverstone/1.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 8 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich