Meet the lockdown babies born in March
- Credit: Abi May
These beautiful babies were all born in March as the nation remained under tough lockdown restrictions, and only now as restrictions ease are they able to meet their extended families.
Baby Alfie North arrived on March 3, 2021 - giving him a birth date of 4-3-21.
Mum Abi May said: "I have to say that’s a pretty cool birth date. He was born at 9.44am and weighed 5Ibs 6oz."
She explained the birth was far from straight forward and said: "Alfie was born 19 days early as I ended up having preeclampsia and had to be induced at 37 weeks and 2 days.
"The birth was all going steady and well until I got to 9cms and Alfie decided to move his head to the left so I had to deliver him via forceps. The staff at Ipswich Hospital were amazing and so calm, couldn’t have asked for more and they allowed my partner to stay with me and Alfie until 5am in a private room so we could bond as a family."
You may also want to watch:
Abi can now start introducing baby Alfie to his wider family, but there is one person he won't get to meet - his great-grandfather after whom he was named.
She said: "Alfie is named after my partner Chris’s granddad Alfred who sadly past away 11 years ago. Alfred would have been 100 in March this year if he was still with us. "
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 3 Man facing prison after pleading guilty to string of sex offences
- 4 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 5 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 6 Five fire crews respond to reports of someone trapped in mud
- 7 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 9 Man and woman accused of sexual offences to face trial
- 10 What is Ipswich's favourite takeaway?
Each month we are sharing photos of the babies born in lockdown to give parents a chance to celebrate their births and show off their newborns to friends, family and neighbours from the safety of their own homes.
Even as restrictions continue to ease we know many parents will be keeping visits to a minimum to keep their families safe, so we will continue to run your pictures.
If you have a baby due in April, don't forget to send us a photo with your babies full name, date of birth and some details of your birth story.