Boutique Ipswich Waterfront hotel closes until July 21 after Covid cases
- Credit: Archant
The Salthouse Harbour Hotel on the Ipswich Waterfront has closed due to coronavirus cases among staff.
The temporary closure comes after two members of staff at the boutique waterfront hotel tested positive for the virus.
In a statement on its website, the hotel said: "Following 2 positive COVID 19 cases within our team, we are taking precautionary measures to keep our staff and guests safe.
"Therefore, in line with Government guidelines, the Salthouse will remain closed until 21st July.
"We apologise in advance for any upset caused and look forward to welcoming our guests back once we reopen."
The four-star hotel, run by Gough Hotels, is a popular choice for visitors to the town and is also known for its afternoon tea.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town