Boutique Ipswich Waterfront hotel closes until July 21 after Covid cases
- Credit: Archant
The Salthouse Harbour Hotel on the Ipswich Waterfront has closed due to coronavirus cases among staff.
The temporary closure comes after two members of staff at the boutique waterfront hotel tested positive for the virus.
In a statement on its website, the hotel said: "Following 2 positive COVID 19 cases within our team, we are taking precautionary measures to keep our staff and guests safe.
"Therefore, in line with Government guidelines, the Salthouse will remain closed until 21st July.
"We apologise in advance for any upset caused and look forward to welcoming our guests back once we reopen."
The four-star hotel, run by Gough Hotels, is a popular choice for visitors to the town and is also known for its afternoon tea.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed