Ipswich 5k park run series 'looking forward' to being back
- Credit: Nice Work
Ipswich's 5k running series has returned to Christchurch Park following a year of Covid-enforced absence.
After a long lockdown break, The Nice Work two-lap course is "looking forward" to being back from May through to August.
Thom Sands, marketing assistant at Nice Work, said: "With it being a series, we see returning faces each month. We begin to build relationships and it's great to catch up after a few weeks apart.
"Of course, the runners too recognise one another and begin to socialise - it's great for the community. With it being a shorter distance of 5k, usually we get new runners attending this race, which we love.
"Evening racing seems to have more of a relaxed atmosphere than Sunday racing, and we particularly find that at this race - especially as it is across Summer evenings."
The first race is on Tuesday, May 25 in Christchurch Park at 7.30pm and monthly Tuesdays on June 29, July 27 and August 24.
For more see here.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 6 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 7 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 10 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness