Ipswich 5k park run series 'looking forward' to being back
- Credit: Nice Work
Ipswich's 5k running series has returned to Christchurch Park following a year of Covid-enforced absence.
After a long lockdown break, The Nice Work two-lap course is "looking forward" to being back from May through to August.
Thom Sands, marketing assistant at Nice Work, said: "With it being a series, we see returning faces each month. We begin to build relationships and it's great to catch up after a few weeks apart.
"Of course, the runners too recognise one another and begin to socialise - it's great for the community. With it being a shorter distance of 5k, usually we get new runners attending this race, which we love.
"Evening racing seems to have more of a relaxed atmosphere than Sunday racing, and we particularly find that at this race - especially as it is across Summer evenings."
You may also want to watch:
The first race is on Tuesday, May 25 in Christchurch Park at 7.30pm and monthly Tuesdays on June 29, July 27 and August 24.
For more see here.
- 1 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 2 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Kesgrave shooting trial: 'Good character cannot provide a defence'
- 5 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 6 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 7 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich
- 8 302 complaints about dogs off lead in Christchurch Park
- 9 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 10 Did you see Status Quo at this Ipswich pub?