Heart attack teenager home again
A SUFFOLK teenager is back at home today after her heart stopped when she collapsed at her school.Wendy Ingram, 13, from Brent Eleigh near Hadleigh, was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke-by-Nayland Middle School.
A SUFFOLK teenager is back at home today after her heart stopped when she collapsed at her school.
Wendy Ingram, 13, from Brent Eleigh near Hadleigh, was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke-by-Nayland Middle School.
A teacher battled to save her life by trying to get her heart started again before ambulance crews arrived and gave her emergency shock treatment.
The youngster had collapsed while she was playing at lunchtime but no one knew why.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said by the time they reached the school the pupil was in full cardiac arrest, unconscious and had stopped breathing. She was flown by air ambulance to the hospital at around 2pm.
At her home today her father did not wish to comment, but said that she was doing well and they were expecting to attend a hospital appointment today.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Plans to turn Ipswich office into housing resubmitted with fewer flats
- 5 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 6 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 7 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 10 'A great shame' - Portman Road won't host county cup finals due to pitch renovations