Heart attack teenager home again
A SUFFOLK teenager is back at home today after her heart stopped when she collapsed at her school.Wendy Ingram, 13, from Brent Eleigh near Hadleigh, was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke-by-Nayland Middle School.
A SUFFOLK teenager is back at home today after her heart stopped when she collapsed at her school.
Wendy Ingram, 13, from Brent Eleigh near Hadleigh, was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke-by-Nayland Middle School.
A teacher battled to save her life by trying to get her heart started again before ambulance crews arrived and gave her emergency shock treatment.
The youngster had collapsed while she was playing at lunchtime but no one knew why.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said by the time they reached the school the pupil was in full cardiac arrest, unconscious and had stopped breathing. She was flown by air ambulance to the hospital at around 2pm.
At her home today her father did not wish to comment, but said that she was doing well and they were expecting to attend a hospital appointment today.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night