Heart attack teenager home again
A SUFFOLK teenager is back at home today after her heart stopped when she collapsed at her school.Wendy Ingram, 13, from Brent Eleigh near Hadleigh, was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke-by-Nayland Middle School.
A SUFFOLK teenager is back at home today after her heart stopped when she collapsed at her school.
Wendy Ingram, 13, from Brent Eleigh near Hadleigh, was airlifted to Ipswich Hospital on Friday after collapsing at Stoke-by-Nayland Middle School.
A teacher battled to save her life by trying to get her heart started again before ambulance crews arrived and gave her emergency shock treatment.
The youngster had collapsed while she was playing at lunchtime but no one knew why.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said by the time they reached the school the pupil was in full cardiac arrest, unconscious and had stopped breathing. She was flown by air ambulance to the hospital at around 2pm.
At her home today her father did not wish to comment, but said that she was doing well and they were expecting to attend a hospital appointment today.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 10 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss