Six acres of heath and woodland catch fire in Kesgrave
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters were called to tackle a large fire in an open space in Suffolk today.
Six acres of woodland and heathland caught alight near Bell Lane in Kesgrave around 2.15pm.
Four fire crews – one each from Ipswich East, Leiston, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich Princes Street – attended.
A brigade spokeswoman said the area was “well alight”.
No-one was injured as a result of the blaze, the spokeswoman added.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was brought under control by 3.45pm.
The fire service spokeswoman said the cause of the blaze was unknown at this stage.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 10 See the University of Suffolk's class of 2021 graduations