Heavy traffic on A14 Orwell Bridge in Ipswich after van and car crash in outside lane
Rush hour commuters are experiencing long delays on the A14 this morning after a crash.
The accident, which happened on the westbound carriageway, is causing traffic to queue between junction 57 for the Nacton Interchange and junction 56 for the Wherstead Interchange.
Police and ambulance crews were called to the Orwell Bridge at 8am to reports two vehicles, a black Ford Fiesta car and a white Citroen Berlingo van had crashed in the outside lane.
There is heavy traffic on the bridge as a result of the crash and cars are currently passing the accident slowly.
Tailbacks are expected to increase until recovery for the vehicles is arranged.
No-one is thought to have been injured in the crash, a police spokeswoman said.
But it will cause traffic problems for people heading into Ipswich this morning, she added.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
Stay with us for updates on this story as we receive them from the emergency services.