Helicopter up to chase youths
SUFFOLK police's helicopter was flying over the town centre today searching for youths believed to have been involved with a car crime incident.
SUFFOLK police's helicopter was scrambled in a search for youths believed to have been involved with a car crime incident.
The crew was called at 1.45pm yesterday to Grimwade Street, when a woman had reported seeing three boys running away from a silver Honda Civic vehicle which had a smashed window.
The woman tried to chase the boys, all white and aged around 11 years old, but lost sight of them and called police.
The helicopter checked the Alexandra Park and Suffolk College grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Police units on the ground were also involved in the search but the group was not traced.
Anyone who saw the incident, or who has information about the boys, is asked to call Pc Andy Blacker on 01473 613500.
- 1 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 4 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 6 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag