Helicopter used in hunt for suspects
VIDEO POLICE this afternoon surrounded a building in Ipswich after pursuing two men who had been seen throwing cable over a fence.
POLICE this afternoon surrounded a building in Ipswich after pursuing two men who had been seen throwing cable over a fence.
The force's helicopter was used to locate the men, who were initially spotted in Belvedere Road at around 3.30pm.
One of the pair was arrested in Star Lane, while the other was pursued to a flat in Smart Street, but was not found.
The two are believed to be in their 20s.
Officers were seen entering a building in Pleasant Row, which used to be a school and part of Suffolk College but is now flats, with a battering ram while other officers stood outside guarding the exits.
There were five squad cars in Pleasant Row, Shire Hall Yard and Smart Street.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 4 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 7 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 8 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 9 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 10 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
Police cars were parked in Star Lane while officers went on foot to search for the offenders and the helicopter searched from overhead.
Both males are described as white and 5ft 7in. They were wearing hooded tops and a dark baseball caps.
Police have now arrested an Ipswich man, 31, on suspicion of theft and he is currently being held in custody.