Teenager admits possessing heroin with intent to supply
A teenager caught with class A drugs has been sentenced to a 24-month detention order after being arrested in Ipswich town centre.
The 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested in Bulwer Road, Ipswich, on Saturday, August 25.
He was taken to the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre and charged with possession with intent to supply heroin.
He was also charged with the possession of cannabis.
On Thursday, he appeared before the youth court in Ipswich to face the two drugs charges and pleaded guilty to both.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager was given a 24-month detention order.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store