New state-of-the-art fitness suite launches at school in Ipswich
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
Pupils at a Suffolk high school are embracing a new fitness lifestyle after a new exercise suite was installed.
Stoke high School in Ipswich used the summer holiday to install a range of new gym equipment and now a brand new outdoors fitness circuit so that their pupils and staff have the option of working out during down times at lunch and at the end of the day.
The equipment included whole weight sets, punch bags and table tennis tables allowing staff members to start a range of new after school clubs.
Clair Lockett, head of performing arts at the school, said: "The wellbeing of our staff and students is really important to us at Stoke High School so they are all encouraged to use the equipment as well. Staff and students are training alongside one another.
"A key strength within our school is the relationships we build and foster with our students and this only serves to strengthen those.
You may also want to watch:
"The fitness suite is being used within the PE curriculum for all year groups, students are eager to use it and are working incredibly hard.
"The atmosphere is one of engagement, enjoyment and excitement. This leads to better focus within our lessons.
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 4 Did you get in the groove at Harry Palmers club nights back in 2003?
- 5 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 6 Ipswich council house rent increase agreed - here's how much your bill will increase
- 7 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 8 Tributes to grandmother who helped 'countless' people find work
- 9 Missing boy Emilio, 15, found after rescue teams join search
- 10 Calls to bring back queuing outside supermarkets amid rise in Covid cases
"One student recently stopped the headteacher, Andrew Robinson, and told him she was so happy in school and incredibly proud to be a student at Stoke High School."