High speed car chase footage shown
DRAMATIC video footage of a late night high speed car chase taken from the Suffolk Police helicopter was shown to a jury at Ipswich Crown Court today.The film showed a Vauxhall Cavalier being chased by police along the A14 from the direction of Stowmarket into Ipswich.
DRAMATIC video footage of a late night, high speed car chase taken from the Suffolk police helicopter was shown to a jury at Ipswich Crown Court today.
The film showed a Vauxhall Cavalier being chased by police along the A14 from the direction of Stowmarket into Ipswich.
At one stage during the chase the Cavalier, which was allegedly driven by 23-year-old John Bloomer barged into the side of one of the following police vehicles.
The chase eventually came to an end in Stevenson Road, Ipswich when the driver of the Cavalier lost control of the vehicle on the icy road surface and it spun around.
You may also want to watch:
As it stopped broadside across the road it was hit by one of the following police cars, said Mark Norman, prosecuting.
The passenger in the Cavalier is seen on the video getting out of the passenger door quickly followed by the driver who was unable to get out of his own door because it was wedged against the police car, alleged Mr Norman.
- 1 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 7 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 8 Suspect in Victoria Hall murder case still being questioned by police
- 9 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 10 Go-ahead secured for new hotel near Ipswich Town ground
Bloomer of Landseer Road, Ipswich has denied dangerous driving in the early hours of December 27 last year in Paper Mill Lane, Bramford Road, Benezet Street and Stevenson Road.
Mr Norman said the chase took place over several miles at high speed on icy roads. He said the issue for the jury was whether or not Bloomer was the driver of the car during the chase.
After his arrest Bloomer claimed he had been a passenger in the car which was driven by a friend.
The trial continues.