High speed car chase footage shown
DRAMATIC video footage of a late night high speed car chase taken from the Suffolk Police helicopter was shown to a jury at Ipswich Crown Court today.The film showed a Vauxhall Cavalier being chased by police along the A14 from the direction of Stowmarket into Ipswich.
DRAMATIC video footage of a late night, high speed car chase taken from the Suffolk police helicopter was shown to a jury at Ipswich Crown Court today.
The film showed a Vauxhall Cavalier being chased by police along the A14 from the direction of Stowmarket into Ipswich.
At one stage during the chase the Cavalier, which was allegedly driven by 23-year-old John Bloomer barged into the side of one of the following police vehicles.
The chase eventually came to an end in Stevenson Road, Ipswich when the driver of the Cavalier lost control of the vehicle on the icy road surface and it spun around.
You may also want to watch:
As it stopped broadside across the road it was hit by one of the following police cars, said Mark Norman, prosecuting.
The passenger in the Cavalier is seen on the video getting out of the passenger door quickly followed by the driver who was unable to get out of his own door because it was wedged against the police car, alleged Mr Norman.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 9 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Bloomer of Landseer Road, Ipswich has denied dangerous driving in the early hours of December 27 last year in Paper Mill Lane, Bramford Road, Benezet Street and Stevenson Road.
Mr Norman said the chase took place over several miles at high speed on icy roads. He said the issue for the jury was whether or not Bloomer was the driver of the car during the chase.
After his arrest Bloomer claimed he had been a passenger in the car which was driven by a friend.
The trial continues.