Hit and run leaves teen in hospital
A SUFFOLK man is in hospital with serious injuries today after being involved in a hit and run accident.The 19-year-old man from Haverhill was walking with a group of 11 others on the A143 at Barnadiston, near Haverhill early on Sunday morning.
A SUFFOLK man is in hospital with serious injuries today after being involved in a hit and run accident.
The 19-year-old man from Haverhill was walking with a group of 11 others on the A143 at Barnadiston, near Haverhill early on Sunday morning.
At just before 2.30am he was struck by a dark coloured vehicle, which then fled the scene, leaving him seriously injured.
He was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he is being treated for serious head and leg injuries.
Suffolk police are appealing for the driver of the car to come forward or anyone with information to contact them.
It is believed the car would have been left with a broken headlight and damage to the front.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
Anyone with information can contact Bury St Edmunds Road Policing Unit on 01473 613500.