Hoaxer claim mystery call
THE Evening Star has received a call from a man claiming to be the hoaxer who approached Rotherham United about Ronnie Moore.Ipswich Town has insisted the call did not come from the club, so it must have been a hoax.
THE Evening Star has received a call from a man claiming to be the hoaxer who approached Rotherham United about Ronnie Moore.
Ipswich Town has insisted the call did not come from the club, so it must have been a hoax.
The man, who refused to be named or leave his contact details spoke with a Southern accent when he telephoned the Star at 10.30am yesterday .
At first he claimed it was his 'friend' who phoned Phil Henson at Rotherham at 3.50pm on Friday – pretending to be David Sheepshanks.
You may also want to watch:
But he later claimed it was him who actually made the call.
He said: "I just did it as a prank, and I never expected it to blow up this big.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
"I said I was David Sheepshanks and we got talking details. We spoke about a £150,000 compensation clause in the contract.
"That's why Sheepshanks has denied talking to Rotherham."