Hoaxer claim mystery call
THE Evening Star has received a call from a man claiming to be the hoaxer who approached Rotherham United about Ronnie Moore.Ipswich Town has insisted the call did not come from the club, so it must have been a hoax.
THE Evening Star has received a call from a man claiming to be the hoaxer who approached Rotherham United about Ronnie Moore.
Ipswich Town has insisted the call did not come from the club, so it must have been a hoax.
The man, who refused to be named or leave his contact details spoke with a Southern accent when he telephoned the Star at 10.30am yesterday .
At first he claimed it was his 'friend' who phoned Phil Henson at Rotherham at 3.50pm on Friday – pretending to be David Sheepshanks.
But he later claimed it was him who actually made the call.
He said: "I just did it as a prank, and I never expected it to blow up this big.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 9 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
"I said I was David Sheepshanks and we got talking details. We spoke about a £150,000 compensation clause in the contract.
"That's why Sheepshanks has denied talking to Rotherham."