Spring activity event at Holywells Park
- Credit: Archant
Spring can be welcomed in at a historic Ipswich park with a free family activity day.
Holywells Park will be hosting ‘Welcome Spring’ on Saturday March 23 with a range of fun events such as finding the hare to win a prize, crafting, storytelling, planting seeds, and making homes for wildlife
There will also be home made refreshments on offer.
All the activities will take place in The Orchard area of the park and have been organised by the Friends of Holywells Park.
Admission is free and the event runs from 11am-2.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Holywells Park was once the home of the Cobbold brewing family, who used water from the natural springs there to be shipped to Harwich where their brewery was located.
It was given to the people of Ipswich by Lord Woodbridge in 1935 and opened as a park the following year.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
It is on the English Heritage register of historic parks and gardens and is a designated conservation area.
For more details go to the Friends of Holywells Park website.