Homeless man jailed for ramming victim’s head into brick wall
- Credit: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY
A homeless man who “rammed” another man’s head into a brick wall during a mugging in Ipswich has been jailed for 44 months.
John Baxter had withdrawn £40 cash and was walking along Croft Street on October 1 with a friend when he was grabbed from behind by 32-year-old Shane Mabberley, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Mabberley pulled Mr Baxter to the ground and started going through his pockets, said Matthew Sorel-Cameron, prosecuting.
Mr Baxter took the money out of his pocket and threw it on the ground and during the incident Mabberley rammed Mr Baxter’s head into a brick wall causing a cut to his forehead.
Mabberley, of no fixed address, admitted robbery, burglary and two offences of shoplifting.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that on September 20 Mabberley stole clothing worth £234 from TK Maxx in Ipswich and several hours later he snatched beer worth £12 from the Co-op store in Bramford Lane, Ipswich.
In the early hours of the next morning he broke into to a charity shop in Bramford Lane and stole cash from a charity box.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 6 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
Paul Donegan for Mabberley said his client had been homeless and short of cash.