Hop along to beer spectacular
Three pubs host festival offering 50 beers from across the world
IPSWICH: Starting today, beer fans can sample an incredible 50 brews from around the globe as part of a festival involving three town pubs.
The 19-day event begins today and will see a range of beers and ales from South Africa, America, and Holland go on sale at Wetherspoons on the Cornhill, The Cricketers in Crown Street and The Robert Ransome in Tower Street.
Many British beers will also be on offer including some brewed exclusively for the event as well as three speciality beers.
Emma Bull, manager of The Cricketers, said: “The festival will give people the opportunity to enjoy a superb selection of UK and international beers, many of which have not been served in the pub before.
You may also want to watch:
“It promises to be great fun and I am certain that my customers will enjoy themselves.”
Beers sourced from Belgium and the Czech Republic will also be on tap at the three pubs from today until Sunday, April 25 and all will be priced at �1.79 a pint.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
The overseas beers on sale are Zululand Zulu Blonde from South Africa, Maui Coconut Porter from Hawaii, Herold Black Chalice from the Czech Republic, Budels Capucuijn from Holland, Goose Island Honkers Ale from Chicago and Val-Dieu Abbaye Blonde from Belgium.
The brewers from South Africa, USA and Belgium are each brewing their individual beer in the UK and customers will be able to sample them all.
The UK beers on offer include Brewdog Trashy Blonde, Daleside Spring Frenzy, Titanic Tomahawk, Kelham Island Night Rider, Springhead Spring Chicken, Triple FFF Rock Lobster and Phoenix Black Shadow.
The beers brewed exclusively for the festivals are Oakham Rollercoaster, Fremlins Bitter and Elgoods Hawkwind and the three speciality beers are Batemans Wayneflete Hedgerows, Sharps Gentle Jane and Beartown Peach Melbear.
Customers will be able to sample any three of the real ales in special third of a pint glasses for the price of a pint and tasting notes on all of the beers will be available in the pubs.