Hopes shoe will trigger Tania clues
POLICE investigating the disappearance of missing teenager Tania Nicol are today conducting extensive searches of the area where she was last seen.Specialist search teams were to scour alleyways, gardens and outbuildings in Ipswich's red light area in the hope of finding a trace of the missing 19-year-old.
POLICE investigating the disappearance of missing teenager Tania Nicol are today conducting extensive searches of the area where she was last seen.
Specialist search teams were to scour alleyways, gardens and outbuildings in Ipswich's red light area in the hope of finding a trace of the missing 19-year-old.
Tania, of Woolverstone Close, Pinewood, vanished on Monday, October 30 and was last seen in the Handford Road/London Road area at about 11pm.
Police are not yet linking her disappearance with the murder of 25-year-old Gemma Adams whose body was found in Hintlesham on Saturday.
Both women were working as prostitutes.
Police have today also released an image of the shoes Tania was wearing on the night of her disappearance in the hop of jogging the memory of anyone who may have seen her.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
Detective chief inspector John Quinton, leading the inquiry into her disappearance, said: “As part of our inquiries we have been working with a company to get a photo of the same shows Tania was known to be wearing on the night she went missing.
“We know New Look manufactured the shoes and they are very distinctive, having a pink sparkly appearance, a small buckle and high stiletto heels.
“It is imperative that we try to work out Tania's movements on the night she went missing we hope that by issuing the picture of the shoes someone's memory will be jogged and they will remember seeing her that evening or since.”
Anyone with information about Tania's disappearance should call Suffolk police's incident room on 01473 613588 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.