Horse dies following crash in Essex
POLICE are looking for the owner of a pony which was killed in a crash today in north east Essex.A blue Jaguar XJ Sport collided with the animal on the Clacton-bound carriageway of the A133, near to the junction of Colchester Road, at about 1am today.
POLICE are looking for the owner of a pony which was killed in a crash today in north east Essex.
A blue Jaguar XJ Sport collided with the animal on the Clacton-bound carriageway of the A133, near to the junction of Colchester Road, at about 1am today.
The car driver was uninjured but the pony was killed after it came to land on the central reservation.
It was recovered and the section of the road was reopened by 3am.
The horse was black with a small white fleck on its head and had a red bridle set around its head. It also had distinctive black feathering on its feet.
Police want to hear from the owner of the horse, or any other witnesses to the crash.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
People with information should call Clacton Police on 01255 221312.